Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pregnancy Update and Other Stuff Too!!!

Well... here's another update...

We finally moved all our stuff into our new house. The neighbor across the street from us raises chickens and has offered to sell us farm grown eggs... They are about a half a mile away. The neighbor behind us is a farmer and he lives about 2 miles away... still he gives us a great view of pasture/trees/and the sunset.

We have deer who like to chill in our front yard. It's pretty cool. I leave them food and late at night or early morning they come out and eat. Sometimes I see them and sometimes I miss them. But unless I'm starving to death, Bambi and his family will be forever safe in my front yard.

However due to the stress of moving and other random stress factors I was hospitalized for an evening and now am diagnosed with Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. Almost but not quite onto Pre-eclampsia (which is BAD... not like hypertension while pregnant isn't bad... but pre-eclampsia is worse... and then eclampsia itself is even worse than that). My feet/ankles were constantly swollen and the highest my blood pressure has been so far is 156/113. Now considering the fact that I've never had high blood pressure and always had low pressure for the majority of my life up until the last 3-4 weeks... 156/113 was a drastic change.

And if you are wondering what pre-eclampsia/eclampsia could do to me or the baby welllllllll... for the baby it could age the placenta sooner, which means the baby doesn't get all his nutrients/food that he needs. For me... it means I could go into seizures or convulsions and land into a coma... none of which is also good for the baby.

Soooooo I've been sentenced to bed rest until this baby is born. Not allowed to do anything more stressful than go to take a shower for 15 minutes. Which considering the fact that I just moved into a new place and would like to be unpacked and decorate... sucks. I am not one to just sit still. However sitting still or laying down on my left side is precisely what keeps my blood pressure down... so I have no choice.

I also got this rash called PUPPS which many pregnant women get. Good news it will go away. Bad news: it won't happen until after the baby's born and until then it'll just get worse. It itches and it's irritable and it makes it hard for me to stay still lol.

Anyway as a result of all these new and interesting complications my doctor is now planning on delivering the baby early. He really wanted it to happen on November 15, which is the date I wanted it to happen because it's my dad's birthday too. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT... due to recent events, I wouldn't mind if I was induced tomorrow.

And I technically could be since there is a high possibility that I might. Tomorrow baby and I have another doctor's appointment. We first will take the amnio test to see if my little guy's lungs are fully developed. Then we'll see the doctor and then go for more lab work. Doctor said that if his lungs are already set... then he can be delivered even immediately after the test and be just fine. Considering that Caden will be at 37 weeks tomorrow... I think he'll be fine and be delivered by next week. And all I can say is... FINALLY. lol.

So... there you all go... that's how I'm doing. And seeing as I'm supposed to be in bed and instead I'm online surfing the web, posting, etc... I think I have to go and follow doctor's orders now. So later all. Time to go to bed... but first... time for a snack... and then bed...

None the less...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better be doing what the doc tells you! And definitely keep us updated, dear.

9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Carmel said...

LoL doing what the doctor tells me to is easier said than done. But I am doing my best lol.

4:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home