Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Pregnancy Update

Ok... so I haven't given a real update in a long time. I know, I know. Bad Carmel, bad bad Carmel.

I figure it's time to rememdy that and actually give a real update. Some people have been wondering about my baby and the pregnancy so here it is. :)

So counting down til the baby arrives. Just 7 more weeks and he'll be at full term (36 weeks) and can come at any time after that. I figure he'll be more stubborn and decide to stay the full 40 weeks rather than come earlier at 36 but as I told my doctor, if he's not out by week 39, I'll cut myself open if I have to, just so I can deliver him. I love my son, but he can't stay in my belly forever and honestly, it feels like forever now.

I mean, it's not like I'm not happy to be a future mom. I love it. I love it when the little guy moves and I feel the little kicks, punches and headbutts. However, when it happens constantly and in the middle of the night, it can get a tad bit frustrating.

For example, he woke me up once and it was 4 in the blasted morning. The buttcrack of dawn wasn't even peeking out yet. For some odd reason he was up and wide awake and taking his energy out on my insides. Well, I decided to play the touch game with him. I would touch a certain point on my belly and he would touch back. I'd move to another spot and he'd touch back there. On and on it went. And for an unborn child still growing in my belly, he certainly had a lot of energy because this touch game went on for almost an hour. ALMOST A FULL HOUR, until I finally called it quits and fell back a sleep from sheer exhaustion. At least he's already showing signs of playfulness and learning... seriously, he likes his little games like, "Press on Mommy's Bladder and See How Fast She Moves", "Put Foot in Mommy's Rib", or "Put Foot in Mommy's Lungs", or his current favorite "There's Not Much Room in Mommy's Belly, But I'm Sure I Can Still Do Some Flips". It's funny watching my belly when he moves. It's like watching an alien flick where a parasite plants itself in a human body and you see the parasite fight its way out while the person looks at their belly in horror. No, I'm not looking at my belly in horror nor is my child an alien species trying to fight its way out. It's just funny seeing this foot kick out and move across my belly.

Currently my average amount of sleep is roughly 4-6 hours a night. That does include interruptions due to random potty breaks and having my insides used as a veritable punching bag.

Anyway, he's grown. A lot. I mean a LOT. Doctor's thinking I will have to have a c-section because of how big it looks like he'll be. What can I say? My husband was born a month early and was 8 lbs 9 oz. His dad was a 10 lb baby and his brothers were 9 lbs a piece. It feels like I'm carrying a hippo. My cute little hippo.

This pregnancy has definitely been eventful though. First trimester I get the stomach flu twice (and that is horrible when you have the stomach flu AND morning sickness...) it really kicked my butt bigtime, a urinary tract infection aka UTI from not drinking enough water (lesson learned to all future pregnant women... drink up that water like rain in a desert), and major allergic reaction (which I've never had happen in my life) from the medicine I was taking for the UTI. Go first trimester! Total weight gained: 0 lbs.

Second trimester, I almost black out. And it's not the kind of black out where you just feint or pass out. No, this black out had a certain sequence of events: 1) my heart starts palpitating, 2) I'm finding it difficult to breathe, 3) my vision was going black and orange, and 4) my hearing was going away (I mean Jon was right next to me and shouting and it sounded like he was calling long distance). Thankfully he put me directly in line of the air conditioner, stopped by the 7-11 and got me something sweet to eat and drink. After sitting in the cool air, sipping a slurpee and eating a chocolate bar, my vision starts to clear and my hearing returns to normal as does my breathing and heart rate. Lesson learned? Don't do squats while you're pregnant and be sure to keep hydrated and don't let your blood sugar level drop too much.

What next? Same trimester, I make my first ever trip to the ER. I had this sharp stabbing pain in my side, which grew worse by the minute. Everyone at work told me it was my kidney. They were wrong, it was my galbladder. Bad, bad galbladder. Was in the ER for a good 4 hours. Not fun. Stabbing pain lasted for a good 2 1/2 days. Did I say bad galbladder yet?

Second trimester total weight gain? 21 lbs and it's ALL baby.

Right now, just waiting for this final trimester to be over and the baby to arrive. Both my father and my father in law keep asking when he's going to arrive even though I've told them over and over again when his due date was. It's not like asking me a million times when his due date is will make it come any faster. Trust me. I've tried that already. So once again... counting down and may God have mercy on me and make that time go by FAST. *^_^*

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger IAMB said...

Damn, this year went by in a hurry. I can't believe you're that far along.

1:10:00 AM  
Blogger Carmel said...

LoL... I envy you that the year went by in a hurry... It seems to have gone REALLY slowly for me lol... I'm still waiting for it to end...

11:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey congrats on the lil guy!! i'm nine weeks along and hoping the time flies by!!! anyway i just read your blog and got a kick out of it and thought i'd leave a comment. i've already had two lil girls and remember how anxious ya get towards the end! congrats on the new baby hun. god bless. :)

6:47:00 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

hehe thank you very much!

6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

oh and hope the time flies by for you too!!!

6:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home