Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random Update...

Ok... soooooooooooo I'll be moving... AGAIN...

This will be my 22nd move in my life. I am only 22 years old. The number of moves I've made have once again caught up with my years. Am I thrilled??? HECK no. But it has to be done. I'll get back to this in a minute...

First off, I quit my job. I just up and quit. Never have I ever, done that in my life. I've always given a two week notice and in some instances I've given a full month notice. But not here. Told them that was my last day. So long, farewell, goodbye. And it was one of the best decisions of my life.

Why did hardworking little ol' me just up and leave??? Because ever since my boss (now ex-boss) found out I was pregnant. Her attitude toward me changed drastically. She lied to me, manipulated me and others around me and all around took advantage of me.

Worse thing she did, she gave me an ultimatum saying that since I got pregnant my priorities changed and on top of that list was my unborn child. (DUH!) Therefore, she told me, that my baby was getting in the way of my job, and I ought to step down from management or lose my job. She then told me it was district who wanted this to happen. Can we say bullsh*t?

I find out later that what she told district was entirely different from what she told me. All district knew was that it was a decision she and I came to agree upon that I would step down. No no no. It was because of my baby. Because I was pregnant I wasn't performing the way she wanted, working the 50-60 hour weeks like I did before. So she forced me to step down. CAN WE ALL SAY "CIVIL SUIT"??? Or how about "descrimination"?

So I left. And after leaving... 6 people left in the three weeks after I did. And even more people are planning on leaving. They are now down to what? 12 people? When they need 30. My ex-boss used to love saying that "Karma's a b*tch". I put that on my resignation letter. *^_^*

Second... My husband got a better job anyway. This job also has great health insurance, that the company pays for and started for him and his entire family day 1 of the job. Didn't cost him a cent. This job however, happens to be farther away. Go figure eh? Hence the move.

Soooooooo... we bought a house. And in 2 weeks... we will closing on said house. I'm excited about getting my very own house especially at the age of 22... but I'm not happy about that move. I mean it this time, I won't move for another 25 years... if that.

Now... we have to hire movers. My husband can't move all our stuff by himself and I can't do any lifting. Basically worthless I know. But hey... life is growing in my belly... I may not be able to lift more than 15 lbs but I'm doing something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond that.

So 22 moves in my 22 years. I just have to say... I'm glad we're movng BEFORE the baby gets here. I'd hate to move while having to deal with bottles and diapers and wailing. And if in 2 years or even 5, my husband says, "Hey, there's a bigger house on sale..." I will tell him HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECK NO!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home