Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An Ode to My Grandpa...

My grandfather is dying. I have no doubt of it.

My mother told me that all he wanted was to see all his children together before he died. My aunt overheard him praying that his kids, grandkids, greatgrands all have long and happy lives. He's ready to die.

I am glad that I got to see him while I was in California. My last memory of him is a happy one. He was smiling and happy and thrilled that I finally had a child of my own and a son no less. He lived to see his youngest grandchild have a child of her own. He enjoyed seeing his great-grandson.

I am also glad that Caden was able to meet him too. Many people aren't even born in time to meet their great-grandparents.

Now my grandpa is an awesome fellow. He's no taller than 4 ft 10 inches. He loves dancing. And he had even tried his hand at being a hairstylist when I was 7 years old by giving me the worst hair-cut I've had in my life (to the surprise and dismay of the rest of my family). When he stayed with us, he would surprise me with a sweet treat when I came home from school or by getting me some fast food. He used to make me porridge or soup or hot chocolate all the time. I'm going to miss him.

I'm just sad that I won't even be able to be there when he does pass on. I love my grandpa.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have such wonderful memories of you grandpa from when we were kids.

Maria

3:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home