Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Monday, September 11, 2006

My Heroes: We Remember... Sept. 11, 2001

I know many people are remembering 9-11 and many people are still having difficulty thinking about it.
I know I can remember what happened like yesterday. Disneyland closed. Sent people home. School was put on pause as students and faculty just watched the news.
But this post isn't so much about remembering that event per se...
As it is... Thanking the people who deserve it.
To the many men and women who lost their lives trying to save someone else. They are my heroes.
To the men who fought against the terrorists to keep another plane from killing thousands more. They are my heroes.
To the fire fighters and rescue workers who helped out. They are my heroes.
I know there are many against the war... whether you are or aren't. There are thousands of men and women who have served and who continue to serve us and this country. Whether you agree with the war or not they too ought to be thanked. Many of them go unappreciated for all that they do. My husband was one of them.
And to the men and women who not only have served but have died... They are my heroes.
Thanks to all of the above. Thank you for all your efforts, hard work, and sacrifice.
We remember September 11, 2001.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home