Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Someone Explain It to Me...

Ok... so I wonder... if this makes ANY sense to anyone...

Here's the scenario...

A Company is looking for an employee. They need the position filled and they would like it as soon as possible...

And yet... it takes them 3 months or so to fill the position. Yes... that seems to fit the "ASAP" deal to a "T".

I understand that corporations take their time to look through applications and find a worthy candidate... but really... if you want the position filled and filled soon... does it really require 3 months time?

Wouldn't it be more efficient to fill it in as soon as possible... like maybe sooner than 3 months????

For heaven's sake...

I have no clue what's wrong with company's these days... but many of them seem to be in the habit of doing just that. For example... there's a shortage of state troopers... ok... yet it takes them HOW long to not train someone... but to first see if they are worth training? It takes roughly 6 months to see if a candidate is simply worth training... then it takes another 6 months to train the sucker so he could actually start working.... And then not even half of the people they had started training make it to the end and graduate...

I understand why the medical field deals with constant education and training... I mean a guy would be putting his life in the doctor's hands... but I don't see why other fields of employment are following along the path of medicine.

I mean to be a teller at a bank is ridiculous... it takes Bank of America... the nation's largest bank... also one of the best... at LEAST 2 months before THEY even hire a teller.

Now don't get me wrong... a bank SHOULD hire someone who can do basic math and is trustworthy around money... but does it really require 2 months to hire someone?

The police department at the local university... they'll take as long as 6 months to even let you know you've got you're first interview...

I'm sorry... I just think that if I was running a company or managing a team... I would find a more efficient way of hiring someone, especially if I knew we could use the man or woman. Why waste their time as well as your own...

The area of human resources could sorely use some improvement...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home