Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Monday, September 18, 2006

Now Officially Small Town...

After seeing what the Golden Delicious Apple Festival is all about ( I still don't know the difference between a Gold Delicious Apple and a regular apple)...

After seeing Main Street full of vendors, fair rides, food stands, cars and people (I've never seen town with people EVERYWHERE)...

After going to a play performed by amateurs (that's the nicest word I can come up with at the moment) about Native Americans in an outdoor amphetheater where the best part about the play is the set and props (really... the set and the props were excellent... the acting... well... I'll leave it alone...)...

After learning how to make apple butter (one of God's greatest gifts to the taste buds... I swear my personal pantry will never run out of apple butter)...

After MAKING the apple butter with hand picked apples (not store bought)...

After peeling apple after apple with a twenty-year old apple peeler made by the Amish (really it's an impressive apple peeler... quite ingenious... does all the work for you pretty much)...

And after being here for the start of fall able to see the change of seasons (the leaves are starting to change colors and I know it's going to be beautiful)...


After all that...

I am officially a small towner. *^_^*

P.S. I was introduced to apple butter just last October/November and I have to say...

APPLE BUTTER IS THE SHIZ-NIT! I am soooo sorry for anyone who hasn't tried the amazing taste of apple butter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home