Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sometimes...

It's really interesting... this situation that most couples end up getting themselves into (I do not exclude myself from this).
Women want things without having to ask for them.
Men are simply not telepathic.
So where do they go from there???
A compromise of sorts must be made. Each relationship involves compromise right?
Women need to understand that men cannot read their minds. Sometimes even the most obvious of hints doesn't work. It really is ok to simply just ask for what you want or need.
Men need to remember that women like/need to feel special. Sometimes it really is nice when men do something to show that without being asked... that's what makes them feel special.


While in West Virginia, my fiance's great uncle told us a story of how he was watching Dr. Phil with his wife and they heard advice that they wanted to put into action. Dr. Phil supposedly said to one man that when he wakes up he should first think of a way to make his wife feel special and vice versa for the wife to the husband. So my fiance's great uncle felt really special when three days in a row his wife woke up extra early to cook him a fantastic breakfast. On the fourth day he was disappointed to find no breakfast waiting for him, just his wife sipping coffee in the kitchen. She had looked at him and simply said it was time for him to reciprocate. After sharing that he and his wife then laughed and smiled at each other.

I shared that story because it was funny as heck when he shared it with us... nor am I a fan of Dr. Phil or advocating him in any way...

...but the advice however is well worth taking.

I can only do my best to take it to heart.

I love my fiance with all my heart. I've never outright shared my emotions on this thing. But I love him and know without a doubt he is the one for me. He is my hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home