Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Saturday, June 24, 2006

"I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

I find that I recalled one of my high school days when I was in a debate tournament. I was to give an impromtu speech where I drew a topic out of a hat and was given 5 minutes to prepare a 3 minute speech about that topic.

Lo and behold I drew out the phrase "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones.

My gut told me to roll with the saying itself and ignore anything else about it.

So I therefore talked about how no one seems to be able to get any satisfaction nowadays. I talked about how Pokemon (sorry that WAS the craze back then) was more an entity that takes money out of your pockets than anything else. Seeing as how a kid would end up getting one toy or one silly card and the next week he'll want another.

I talked about how Christmas became a freakin' shoppers fantasy. Gifts and gifts galore when a month after Christmas people forget what they were given and want something else new and shiny.

I talked about a married man who had one wife and ended up wanting another.

And if you look this is all true... a person will buy a new car... ahhh sweet satisfaction... then a newer model comes out and the satisfaction is replaced by a NEED to get the newer model.

BLAH!... that's what I say... BLAH!

Why did I end up recalling this speech? Probably because it became frustratingly unavoidable
for me in the past few months.

Blah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home