Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Life without the Internet...

For the last few months I've lived life without the internet. For the first few weeks it had been a struggle. The only times I had access to the internet was when I was at work or a friend's house and they let me do what I wanted or needed online. But I must say, it can be done ladies and gentlemen.

In this day and age most people can't survive without being able to turn the computer on and see what's online. AIM did not just become a phase but it's a certified form of communication between most people now that they even have access to it on cell phones. Email is now the new form of a letter. If you have access to the internet you don't even need to go to the grocery store to buy your groceries.

It's been weird for me. Most of my friends can attest I was an internet junkie. I pay most all my bills online... (I still do... and it's quite a pain in the rear considering I don't have internet access...) I do most of my international as well as national communication online too.

Most of my jobs I found online. So you must understand that me being without a job, and not having access to a vehicle or the internet makes it difficult for me to find one. Yet somehow, I made do. Somehow, I'm making do. We've become so dependent on the internet to find everything we need. We forget that only 10-20 years ago we did everything without it.

1 Comments:

Blogger IAMB said...

Hey, a break can be a good thing (I should know... you have no idea how much better I feel about everything in my life since taking some time off) but a little traumatic at first.

By the way, thanks for your kind words on my retirement post. Looks like I'll dive back into things sometime next month, though I might change a few things and write some positive stuff every once in a while.

Hope everything is going well fpr you.

Take care.

(You really should email me one of these days if you're up for a bit of conversation)

2:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home