Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm Still Alive... I promise!

Ok guys, sorry for not being here in well quite awhile. But as far as I am aware, I'm still alive and kicking. So I'm honestly doing alright.

I blame Jon's work schedule on my random disappearance from social networking. But thanks to all, especially Cherie, Matt, Amanda and Shannon for continually asking how I'm doing or where the heck I was. I apologize for not keeping up to date and in touch.

Anyway, Jon was asked for a 5 week period to work inventory with a shift from 6pm to 3 in the morning. Since he and I like to save on gas (since gas prices as we all know are still annoyingly high... anyone remember when it cost less than 20 bucks to fill up a tank??? sigh... good ol' days... but I digress) we commute together. Well I had to change my schedule at work too so I could accommodate his scheduling.

As a result, he and I became nocturnal creatures of the night. We slept through most of the day (which frustrated us a lot because that meant we could never get anything done that needed to get done during daylight hours) and we worked when the sun was down. And I don't care what anyone says about how easy it is to do, working at night it always seems like you're never getting enough sleep. And why? 'Cuz you're not getting the light that you need in the daytime. I swear there's got to be a theory on that somewhere.

I mean I do enjoy nights more often than I do days, and I did suffer from insomnia but still I never slept during the entire time the sun was up. Anyway, as of well... today, our schedules return to normal. THANK GOD! He was going crazy, I was going crazy, and well... oddly enough the cats were going crazy too. We had just gotten them trained to going to sleep at night, rather than running around keeping us awake and then bam we're up in the middle of the night keeping them awake!

So I'm still alive and well... and thanks again to all who checked up on me. I promise to do better next time my schedule is randomly switched on me ;-).

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Carmel's alive! Good to have you back. :)

10:42:00 PM  
Blogger IAMB said...

Glad you're still with us.

Funny thing: I used to work a rotating 12 hour shift (did it for nearly six years) and I always slept better on night shift. I think that's because I'd get home at 7:30 in the morning and go straight to bed. Getting home in the evening I'd piddle around until ten and then go to sleep and have to get up at 5:30 to be at work by seven. I don't miss those days at all.

As for the sunlight thing, you do need some amounts of sunlight in order for your body to make its own Vitamin D. You can get it from food, but it's nearly impossible to get enough from your diet. That particular vitamin regulates calcium and phosphorus in your blood, so I'm not sure about the "being tired" part but you are healthier when you get sun. I think the whole fatigue thing comes more from normally being a day person. I've always been a night person, so it's opposite for me.

9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Carmel said...

Haha.. I like the nights better than the days... but I don't like working at night so much. I prefer to do my own thing at night rather than working. Anyway... thanks for the welcome. It's nice to know I'm missed :)

9:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home