Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Here We Are To the Rescue!!!

Honestly, some people are just jerks. If I believed in karma I would probably relax a little bit knowing that some people would get what was coming to them. But since I don't I hope people do somehow end up learning their lesson one way or another.

Jon and I were on the road just this past Monday. And while on the road, Jon all of a sudden had the urge to go to the restroom. Now being in the middle of the woods with no civilization for miles in front of us or behind us, he went where the animals go... in the trees.

I, of course, had to have my laugh at Jon. Looking back and forth seeing if cars are coming, trying to hide himself. When he done he called me to get out of the car. I assumed he was mad at me, but lo and behold... two small kittens had popped their heads out of the closest bush.

They were shivering from the cold and wet from the rain. There was no one around and no mother cat. We figured they were just abandoned on the side of the road. So we decided to rescue them (even though we knew we were going to get scratches) and maybe bring them to the humane society.

Jon had easily lured on of the kittens with the meatball sub I had in the car. He had trouble with the second one. They were scared and didn't know if it was better to be in the car with us or out in the wild. They also looked quite malnourished and shaggy enough to confirm that they were indeed abandoned but only within the past 2-3 days. And they were only 1 1/2 months old.

Brother and sister (we found this out later when we tried to clip their SHARP claws... but I digress) with the brother constantly protecting his little sister who was too scared to do anything but shake. They were totally scrawny little things too. They just attacked whatever food I put in front of them.

But after that first day with us, we decided to keep the cats rather than take them to the humane society. Now they look healthier and totally happier too. They tend to follow Jon and myself around the house. They aren't scared of us anymore either. And they haven't shook from fear like they did when we first put them in our car, since that very first day.

Poo! And more poo! on the person who just left them there to die from starvation or get eaten alive. They are awesome little kittens. That person missed out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....guess what...??? I have a cat now...maybe that's like long distance Karma...I adopted one from a lady who will be moving to an assisted care facility that does not allow pets...she has 2 left and chances are they will have to go to the humane society...fortunately they are older cats and the humane society in culver city does not euthanize so catch ya on the flip side...

7:03:00 PM  
Blogger Carmel said...

lol to be truthful i'm more of a dog lover... but i'm not about to go leaving behind two kittens who would more likely die than not...

besides they grow on you lol...

so congrats on your new pet... :)

2:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very sweet :) I am a semi-pro cat rescuer (that is, it takes up an enormous amount of my time, but I don't get paid) and I can tell you from personal experience that rescued cats can make the best pets. Well done.

8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Carmel said...

thanks... and we do love our pets even though they can be frustrating at times...

6:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home