Randomness

welcome to the simple complexities of my mind...

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I'm Like A Rabbit... I Disappear and Re-appear at the Drop of a Hat...

So my friends... after the most random visit from the mother-in-law... where we got a one day notice of her arrival... -my dear hubby and I decided: It's time to move.

We'd like to buy grandma's house and we plan to eventually. Just currently, she's not ready to leave. I can understand why though, that IS the house that she and her husband built together right before he died. I wouldn't want to leave it either. So for the mean time, we got ourselves a nice 2 bedroom apartment.

I have to say... this apartment is only 5 minutes away from where we both work so we don't have to commute 60 miles just to get to work everyday. It is also almost as big as the one I had in California, though to compensate it does have an attic, attics don't really exist in California appartments. And the best part is, we're only paying 450 a month on the place while saving a whole bunch on gas.

So we made a checklist on things we needed for the apartment (i.e., couch, bed, etc.) and things we wanted (i.e., cable, internet, etc.) and proceeded to get them.

Now we got the internet... great... we have 3 different computers. However... the three different computers didn't want to work. Two needed new ram (darn laptops) and the tower needed a driver to access the internet though the computer itself was accessible.

Now... we could get a driver by downloading it FROM the internet. But if you see my little problem here, I had the internet, I couldn't access it, so to access it, I needed the internet, which I couldn't access. Hence, I just bought a new computer. :)

If my husband wasn't going to bother finding a way to get ram or the drivers... I would just get a new computer and problem solved. But ladies and gents, who may or may not be with me anymore... THAT is why I wasn't online for the last month and a half.

Anyway, I have a lot of catching up to do (not including a lot of emails to read). So for now I bid you adieu. I have my own computer and THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY as well as the local cable provider, in this apartment, I also have HIGH SPEED INTERNET. So no more dial up and my impatience with it... I'm back in civilization, baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back to the world. :)

10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Carmel said...

It's good to be back Amanda, it really is.

7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home